01 April 2008

Learning, Values

One of the most important values for me is a desire to continue learning.
More than that, perhaps, it's an appreciation for the importance (and value) of learning.

As relates to that - nothing frustrates (and disappoints) me more than people not being interested in learning. Or worse yet... thinking they have nothing to learn.

Being here at Method is fantastic in a number of ways.
Of these, the one that means the most to me is that here, more than almost anywhere else I've worked, I have huge opportunities for learning. There are so many people here who I am learning from - and so many opportunities for learning.
I've learned about Swiss International Style from Sean.
I've learned about Prime Time Ad Avails from John.
I've learned about presenting design direction effectively from Robert.
The list goes on, and on, and on.
And that's just what I've learned from my co-workers. Add in the tons of stuff I've learned from clients...

It makes me realize that, if you're like me, you need to evaluate whether or not a potential employer considers learning a core business value - and evaluate how much you're going to be able to easily learn - when making a new job decision.

Me... I'm lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home